Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 9: I Heart Internet (aka I couldn't think of anything better)



The internet is a wonderful tool. I remember using it for the first time around 1995/1996. It gives us information which we might not have had without it. It introduces us to people who we otherwise would never have even known existed (of which Worth1000 is a good example). It lets you discover cool new bands and it wastes our time with viral videos. Without it, this challenge wouldn't be here ;)

I tried some macro photography again. It is still a bit of a hit and miss whether a shot will be sharp or not, but I'm starting to like it. Today's shot was purely practice. Next time, I'll try to find some bees and make some more interesting macro shots :)

9 comments:

learn2swim96 said...

This is cool! Looks like it could be an ad for a telephone cord company. Nice shot.

YMS said...

You got it nice and sharp where it should be, and softening in the distance!
(But I thought you were going to cut hair - looks like an old pair of clippers my father had...)

Anonymous said...

The blurriness makes a nice effect.

theicebunny said...

nicly done macros are hard to do for me anyway you make them look easy great pics

kimbomac said...

Bees, schmees! This is an awesome shot and just the kind of macro that I love. Great job and very well presented. Nice one.

Whalelight said...

You focused just on the right spot. The blur gives the effect that it's in motion like a snake about to strike.

Julia said...

That is cool! My first thought before I read your comments was that it was an electric trimmer/razor. But knowing it's something 1/10th the size is even more astounding. What detail. :)

MyShutterBug said...

First glance, I thought it was a needle for a turntable for playing records...I like it, great macro!

Ziaphra said...

Great macro and dof!