Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 17: I Heart Orange(juice)



What can I say, it's half an orange... lying on my kitchen counter. I'm not even that fond of oranges. They are nice once every while, but peeling them is a drag. I do like orange juice. There is only one thing I do before I drink coffee in the morning and that is drink a glass of orange juice. I tried making a cool shot of orange juice, but I failed... badly. I then tried taking a cool shot of an orange, but failed... badly. Just when I was about to give up, I thought to myself that I really wanna finish this entire month, so I shot a picture of half an orange... lying on my kitchen counter. I can always make cool photos tomorrow :)

4 comments:

YMS said...

Looks luscious enough especially with your soft edge to it. Nice light.

kimbomac said...

I quite like it actually. The colour of your lighting is lovely, although I am distracted by the fact that there are two light sources. Just throwing a thin white tissue paper as 'shade' over this would have resolved that to one diffuse light source, without changing the colour. You might have had to open up by a stop or two, but I think it would have then been a real cracker! Sometimes it IS only required to be as simple as throwing it on the bench and shooting it! Nice work.

Andromeda5000 said...

Sounds like you had about as much luck as me today with taking photos! I do like the photo you've submitted though - it's actually very good with lovely vibrant colours.

learn2swim96 said...

I think you did a fine job on this orange, looks appetising.